J.P. Morgan is a global leader in asset and wealth management services. The Asset Management line of business serves institutional, ultra high net worth, high net worth and retail clients through its Global Investment Management and Global Wealth Management businesses. With client assets of $2.4 trillion and assets under management of $1.6 trillion, we are one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world. (Assets as of March 31, 2014)
Global Investment Management
J.P. Morgan Asset Management (Investment Management) is a leading investment manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries and individual investors, worldwide. With a heritage of more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies, and investment professionals operating in every major world market, we offer investment experience and insight that few other firms can match.
- Clear focus on managing client assets and delivering strong risk-adjusted returns
- Nearly 1,300 investment professionals providing strategies spanning the full spectrum of asset classes, including equity, fixed income, cash liquidity, currency, real estate, hedge funds and private equity
- Leadership positions in the U.S., U.K., Continental Europe, Asia, and Japan
J.P. Morgan Asset Management is the marketing name for the investment management businesses of JPMorgan Chase & Co. and its affiliates worldwide.
The AM Strategy and Business Development Team is a global team and based in New York, London and Hong Kong. This group partners with senior management across GIM and GWM to deliver on their most important business strategies, growth and development plans, and performance objectives.
We are currently looking to recruit an Asset Management Strategy & Business Development profile at VP level to be based in Hong Kong. They would be responsible for leading high-priority initiatives, while developing and mentoring junior colleagues. Projects would include strategic analysis, M&A strategic fit analysis, and business improvement projects that lead to profitable growth. This person would be expected to plan, design, and successfully execute solutions that impact the business and deliver results, while building strong relationships with senior management.
Very strong critical and creative thinking, with ability to develop business insights and hypotheses
- Ability to scope and structure complex projects
- Ability to build consultative relationships with senior management, becoming a trusted partner for thinking strategically about the business
- Strong quantitative skills, particularly designing complex models
- Ability to develop clear, concise findings and recommendations, and prepare and deliver well-designed presentations
- Exceptional interpersonal leadership and influencing skills, and ability to achieve goals without direct control over resources
- Comprehensive knowledge of valuation, capital markets, and corporate finance issues related to M&A transactions, with extensive experience conducting strategic fit analysis
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills; prior experience presenting to and working closely with senior management
- Demonstrate expert industry and competitor knowledge of key business drivers
- Ability to manage multiple teams and competing deadlines, with exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent and efficient skills using MS Excel and PowerPoint tools
- Fluency in English required with Mandarin and / or Cantonese a definite plus
Work experience and education:
- Must have substantial experience of working within a strategy or management consulting firm, corporate development group and/or private equity firm, with a strong focus on asset and wealth management
- Demonstrated high level of performance evidenced through annual reviews, bonuses, and recommendations
- Asia work experience
- MBA or equivalent advanced business degree required
- Experience in both wealth management / private banking and asset management (institutional and retail) strongly preferred
Competitive salary package offered
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.