This individual will be expected to build and grow client relationships for the iShares Asset Manager and Hedge Fund channel.
This individual will be the primary business owner overseeing client relationships responsible for selling ETF products and solutions to Asset Managers throughout the region. This role reports to the Co-Head of US iShares Asset Management Sales.
As the most important part of its sales approach, the iShares Team is responsible for maintaining deep relationships with their clients and delivering the best of iShares and BlackRock. The team coordinates closely with other BlackRock investment and distribution teams to deliver holistic solutions to meet each Asset Manager’s unique needs.
- Drive Net New Business and Net New Revenue, executing a consultative sales approach within a defined geographic territory.
- Ability to present both quantitative and qualitative benefits of Passive (ETF) investing, as well as delineate iShares unique value proposition.
- Deliver product presentations to current and prospective clients via telephone, office visits, sales seminars, road shows, and conferences.
- Sell iShares products to established and prospective clients.
- Play an instrumental role in driving and executing coordinated territory coverage with internal sales partner. This will be accomplished through excellent account planning, communication of client-related opportunities, deploying expertise and resources ultimately leading to product sales.
- Deep product knowledge and consultative positioning with clients.
- Develop deep relationships across C-Level of Asset Management organizations within territory, with strong focus on investment decision makers.
- Prepare sales presentations for use in meetings with clients.
- Achieve sales goals and metrics.
- 10+ years of sales experience at a top investment management firm or investment bank.
- Proven track record of developing and commercializing client relationships.
- Deep familiarity with the Asset Manager channel – landscape, investment process, buying behavior, decision makers, competitors, and regulatory environment.
- Experience working on an Asset Management sales team.
- A consultative sales approach.
- Demonstrated successful business development/client service in an institutional setting, e.g., complex, sophisticated clients.
- Strong investment and capital markets knowledge.
- Ability to build strong relationships with diverse sets of clients.
- Ability to navigate, collaborate with, and mobilize resources within large, complex financial services organizations.
- Experience in selling a variety of investment products including ETFs, mutual funds and alternatives.
- Ability to represent iShares in a professional manner.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, strong sales presentation skills.
- High energy, motivated individual with a commitment to excellence and strong leadership presence.
- Fixed Income / Derivatives experience a plus.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Clean U-4.
- BA/BS degree required; MBA, CIMA, CFA certification preferred.
- NASD series 7 and 63 securities licenses required.
BlackRock’s iShares is the #1 Exchange Traded Fund (ETF) provider globally with over $950 billion in assets under management and approximately 39% of the global ETF market share as of June 2014.
With more than a decade of ETF innovation and expertise, iShares is a trusted leader in the ETF industry. iShares serves investors of all sizes, including advisors, personal investors, wealth managers, banks, asset managers, pensions, and insurers. The platform offers clients a comprehensive range of products that provide precise, transparent and cost-efficient access to a full range of asset classes and global markets.
iShares’ success is fueled by four self-reinforcing competitive advantages: global brand; two global and three local product lines that offer clients breadth, quality and liquidity; global footprint of people and connectivity across BlackRock; and global operating scale.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.