NAAMBA Women Leadership Council
In the 21st century globalizing world, talented and diverse women are increasingly assuming leadership roles across industry sectors. Though the doors of opportunity are opening up for women leaders, multicultural women continue to face social, economic and cultural barriers in the professional and corporate domain, often times marginalized due to inherent stereotypes and perceptions. Realizing this reality while recognizing women's leadership potential and capabilities, the NAAMBA Women Leadership Council, in a concerted effort, will promote women leadership and advancement by changing perceptions and addressing barriers.
To create an inclusive community of opportunities for multicultural women leaders to propel them to new professional heights.
- Mobilize women leaders across industry sectors to share professional experiences and knowledge
- Foster dialogue on relevant social, cultural and economic issues and encourage action to advance women leadership
- Create and deliver women leadership initiatives to further personal and professional growth
- Acknowledge women's leadership potential and recognize exceptional women leaders
Serving on the NAAMBA Women Leadership Council, individuals will have the opportunity to:
- Guide NAAMBA’s actions and programs in line with its mission and vision
- Provide advice and counsel on overall direction, focus and priorities particularly professional advancement of multicolor women
- Strengthen synergies between NAAMBA and its partners
- Strengthen NAAMBA’s power and influence in businesses and the corporate domain
- Work in close collaboration with the Board of Directors and/or NAAMBA National Leadership, seek approval on recommendations presented for consideration and gain exposure to inner workings of a non-profit organization
- Represent their respective companies through NAAMBA, an organization committed to Pan-Asian professional advancement by breaking barriers and addressing challenges
- Collaborate with exceptional leaders at all levels of NAAMBA and network with present and emerging leaders at regional, national and global NAAMBA events
- Participate in NAAMBA's premier annual Leadership Conference