Responsibilities include daily accounting support for Laurelton diamonds and gemstones. This involves preparing various inventory and productivity analyses, coordinating annual physical inventories for US, Antwerp and Joint Ventures and reconcile the results.
Reporting and Analysis
- Prepare Diamond Division summary inventory report and issue to divisional management team including variance to plan explanations.
- Prepare various monthly and quarterly productivity, inventory and margin analyses.
- Partner with international finance teams in reconciling the inventory and intercompany accounts.
- Other duties as assigned.
Process Improvement Initiatives
- Enhance analytical tools and methodologies for increased automation and efficiency.
- Work with international finance teams in utilizing reporting tools such as Business Objects, DAS and Qlikview.
- Partner with Corporate Finance, Diamond and Gemstones Operations to identify inventory integrity issues and coordinate resolutions.
- Support the cost accounting function for diamonds and gemstones including inventory costing, new item setup and inventory adjustments.
- Coordinate annual physical inventories for global Diamond Division locations, along with performing required follow up reconciliation with supporting documentation.
- Reconcile monthly US diamond perpetual inventory detail to the respective general ledger accounts and ensure variances resolved timely.
- Prepare and issue division wide quarterly inventory aging reports to Laurelton management team.
- Lead US cycle count selection for Tiffany Gemological Laboratory, Gemstone Acquisition and Technical Services and issue monthly scorecard.
- BA/BS in Accounting
- 5+ years of accounting and analysis experience
- Inventory reconciliation experience preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software (Advanced proficiency in Excel)
- Demonstrated high accuracy with data input/validation.
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule during monthly and year- end closings (and for special assignments) will also be necessary.
- Ability to travel occasionally as needed by the business.
- JD Edwards, Business Objects and Qlikview financial software knowledge a plus.
- Manufacturing experience
- MBA or CPA
Sr. Accountant, Financial Planning & Analysis