Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries. Our 162,000 employees create quality products, services and solutions to optimize energy and operational efficiencies of buildings; lead-acid automotive batteries and advanced batteries for hybrid and electric vehicles; and interior systems for automobiles. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. Through our growth strategies and by increasing market share we are committed to delivering value to shareholders and making our customers successful. In 2011, Corporate Responsibility Magazine recognized Johnson Controls as the #1 company in its annual "100 Best Corporate Citizens" list. For additional information, please visithttp://www.johnsoncontrols.com . JCI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and as such does not discriminate in its recruiting and selection process based on disability or handicap status. If you are a person with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process, please call our Talent Acquisition Hotline at (414)-524-8999 and press option #0.
*Korean-speaking candidates preferred*
Develop and execute multiple projects related to automotive batteries for our OEM customers.
- Communicate on a daily basis with internal team members and customers.
- Coordinate cross functional efforts and provide direction to other team members to ensure timely completion of assignments/tasks based on future project plans and schedules.
- Primary point of contact in North America for customer engineering during implementation of new battery designs.
- Manage customer technical inquiries.
- Assist in development of battery component designs based on customer input and requirements.
- Utilize laboratory tests, mathematical models, and statistical techniques to develop and launch new products.
- Provide technical and management support during manufacturing of new products.
- Coordinate with manufacturing plants to schedule and execute design validation and product launches.
- Create and update DFMEA’s (Design, Failure Mode Effect Analysis) for component designs.
- Develop DVP (Design Verification Plan) R (Report) for product development and coordinate tests to fulfill the plan
- Perform teardown and component analysis to prepare summary reports
- Make presentations to internal and external customers on projects, status, product performance and design
- Develop and execute plans for preventative and corrective action requests, problem solving.
- Analyze warranty data for trends. Help develop reports to customers regarding warranty claims, defend JCI position with the commercial team. Follow-up on open issues to ensure corrective actions are implemented.
BS degree or foreign equivalent degree, in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Chemical Engineering.
10 years combined experience in Automotive, Automotive Systems, Electrical or Battery Systems.
Travel expectation is approximately 25% of time between Milwaukee and other JCI sites (US and Mexico)